Tradional Series Class Question

tilertrialler

On reading the CLASS ENTERED section for the tradional championship ( the regulations say the same) .

It states if you enter ,for instance.... class E 'Machines not in class A ( pre 75)...class B (twinshock)or class C ( aircooled) ridden by rider over 50'.

Now the classes A,E and F on some rounds get an easier route ( which is a good idea), if you are an over 50 rider riding say, a twinshock, does the wording above mean you cannot enter the twinshock in class E OVER 50.

hope it makes sence??

No, I'm not sure it's that restrictive. If you want to ride a modern bike in the series you have to be O/40, o/50 OR o/60 to ride in Class D, E or F.

However, if you are O/50 and want to ride the O/50 class E and ride the easier sections this allows, I can't see any reason why you can't ride it on any bike you choose as you're not gaining any machine advantage in doing so. Anything other than a modern bike would actually be a handicap so riding a twinshock in Class E wouldn't be against the spirit of the class.

That's how I see it

No, I'm not sure it's that restrictive. If you want to ride a modern bike in the series you have to be O/40, o/50 OR o/60 to ride in Class D, E or F.

However, if you are O/50 and want to ride the O/50 class E and ride the easier sections this allows, I can't see any reason why you can't ride it on any bike you choose as you're not gaining any machine advantage in doing so. Anything other than a modern bike would actually be a handicap so riding a twinshock in Class E wouldn't be against the spirit of the class.

That's how I see it

Thats how everyone sees it I'm sure, bike class (twinshock pre 65 etc) is irrespective of age, age classes (over 40 50 60) were added to allow older riders on new bikes to bolster numbers.

I have always seen it as if you wish to ride a modern bike then you have to be O/40 or 50. However once that age you could ride whatever in those classes as it an age class not a bike class. Make sense?