Seeley Rattle (?) - Again!

scoobie

OK,

I've replaced the camchain, and cleaned and checked the tensioner - but I'm still getting the rattle, well not so much rattle but loud ticking cum rattle.

Am I being paranoid, could it just be the ignition as it goes around and touches/goes past. It increases with revs etc.

It's not the valves as I've checked those; besides they're more of a pitter patter.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

Checked the tension of cam chain by feeling for any freeplay when it was first installed and everything was in place.

I serviced the tensioner by removing the collets and radiusing(?) the sharp 45 degree edges on them. Then removed the long bar and used emery paper to remove any deep lines - apparently a common fault - when you loosen the adjuster the chain tightens but when you re-tighten the adjuster the collets locate back into the grooves on the bar they have created.

I think I may have found the answer - I converted to bar mounted decompressor and I think that it was holding it ever so slightly open. Not had chance to run and check it yet.

Will be in touch.

Cheers,