Yz Kill Button

theshercorider

I have bought a new yz kill button to replace the great big chunky one that is standard.

I have looked on sherco website but the wiring from the coil must have been updated from the 02 model shown.

Please keep it easy to understand as I can be a bit thick!

Thanks

Ignition module on the 2000 Sherco 250, which uses the Ducati ignition, has green, red, white and black wires going to it, and also contains the secondary coil. (the lead to the spark plug) These are marked on the housing with a sticker strip indicating the colors. If your bike is different sorry, this is not going to help I guess. Anyway the kill button lead goes to the black terminal which is located on the end of the connector to the module. Ignorant types on E bay call these "brain boxes" or some other brainless tripe. Module is the correct term.

Edited by JayLael

Please keep it easy to understand as I can be a bit thick!

Thanks

The grey thingy that has a thick black wire to the plug cap, on 06-08 mounts to the head steady bracket, It also has a thin black wire that connects to the black wire of the kill switch, to test you have the correct wire, start the bike, wet your finger and grip the frame firmly, it should kill the bike, then you know you have the right wire and you can then connect your kill switch, the other wire on the kill switch goes to ground, and when you press the little red button, it grounds the live wire and cut's power to the spark plug.

Yam connectors are normaly bulit type, and the Sherco will be spade type, sometimes the Yam do have a washer type connector for the ground and you will only have to change the bulit end to fit the Sherco.

I

If the ring connector is on the black with white stripe, yes, think about it, it's just one wire connected to ground with the kill button keeping it open, even if you put it the other way round you couldn't get it wrong, when you press the kill button it completes the circuit to ground.

If after you connect it, all the blue smoke escapes out of the little grey box, have your dad call Rathmells and give em a B*****ksing for selling you a duff.

Are you sure your not from Lancashire :wall:, cos I know this lad from Lancashire who first started posting about fixing his Sherco on Here, he only had three tools in his box, 3lb, 6lb and 8lb lump hammers, what a thick pillock he was, think he gave up in the end, and started a security bussines.