315 Spark Plug Change

lingo75

HI all,

Mont not starting after running perfect since i bought it, my first port of call is to change the plug as it did start then died and hasn't gone since (3 attempts over 3 days).

Im used to an old Bultaco where i can get in from theside, but the 315 is so compact i can't do that. Does the tank have to come off? and if so do i just make sure the fuel tap is shut and it will be ok??

HELP GOT A TRIAL ON SUNDAY!!

Yep tank off, fuel tap in off position and it will be fine.

Be very careful with the throttle cable routing when replacing the tank. Check to make sure its operating ok before you start the bike.

Won't cause any problems if you get it wrong, just rev its tits off while you desperately search for the kill button!

While you have the tank off, drill a small hole in the very end of the fuel petcock lever. Then, place the metal loop, off of a key chain (some use a colored ty-wrap), through the hole. This gives your finger something to grab hold of, when you are reaching in to try and turn the fuel on.