Why Are Trials Clothes So Tight

beta boy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the XC Ting Montesa Trousers...in all honesty...they are pathetic things in my personal opinion.

They aren't tight on me, only on legs and thighs and quite loose on the a***...I have a small a***...I think...

In the little pocket I have...Keys, cable ties, spoke ends, 7mm spanner (for spokes) and a mobile phone!...Not bad for a small pocket.

Problem is I have all this stuff in my pocket, leading to an 'oversized' lump in my crotch area...but hey, whos complaining?

they will probably just laugh at me

Beta Boy: I've thought a bit about your comment. I don't know you, and at 114 lbs. you must be pretty young, so this may not apply, but I feel compelled to say this. Take a look at this picture and ask yourself what you see. Hopefully you know the burly guy is '79 world champ, American Bernie Schreiber. He was born about a month from the time I was born so I figure we were sort of comparable as peers in trials. He obviously was far more accomplished than me in the sport although it would seem we both had similar opportunties. (theoretically) Just look at him. What do you see? I'll tell you what I see. He exudes tremendous amounts of self confidence. He is likely to have had his choice of beautiful women beyond our wildest imaginations. (like marrying Gilles Burgat's sister who is awesome!) Why? Self confidence! (a buff body doesn't hurt either) You may be a skinny english boy for all I know, but look at the fictitious character, Billy Elliott. He was also a scrawny lad and look how he turned out. (even if it was only a movie) You obviously have a passion for trials. You also obviously have a wonderful mum. In addition to these the things you need to succeed are, 1- SELF CONFIDENCE! (If those girls are laughing at you, you may be talking to the wrong girls) 2- The buff body. This isn't nearly as important as what comes from within you, but high protein, low fat diet and muscle building excercises will help this cause. I was a skinny wimp at age 16 then I got a job as a log peeler at a place which built custom log cabins. I worked on a log peeling crew which involved hand peeling the bark from logs about one foot in diameter with a draw knife for eight hours a day. In 3 months of this I suddenly had a set of shoulders and biceps which enabled me to toss my OSSA MAR around like it were a toy! Look at Bernies buff bod next to the rest of these lads and ask yourself who is kicking butt at trials riding and getting all the hot women? Just a few thoughts for your young mind to kick around. Thanks for listening and I apologize if this is inappropriate. Jay.

post-2-1094178429.jpg

im already doing physio to build my all my upper body muscles cause i dilocated my shoulder and need them strong to stop it from coming out again. i dont eat the right foods either mainly junk food but dont eat to much dont have time got other things to do like keeping my school work up and my bike and being with my mates

Jay, great post and pic of the great ones from the past. Of course Beta Boy doesn't know of the Fabulous Fury Freak Bros :rolleyes: but I recall that they really didn't care what they were wearing when kicking everyone else's butts, you are so right about self confidence...on the other hand I keep thinking about Billy Crystal doing Nando " Dont be such a stuke, it's not what you got but how you look! and you look marvelous...."

And speaking of spandex, have not seen you sporting that one piece lately? hum B)

Jay, great post and pic of the great ones from the past.  Of course Beta Boy doesn't know of the Fabulous Fury Freak Bros :rolleyes:  but I recall that they really didn't care what they were wearing when kicking everyone else's butts, you are so right about self confidence...on the other hand I keep thinking about Billy Crystal doing Nando " Dont be such a stuke, it's not what you got but how you look! and you look marvelous...."

And speaking of spandex, have not seen you sporting that one piece lately?  hum  ;)

Rev3 Guy: I have worn the one piece almost exclusivly this year. Only vintage trials I wear Clice moto cross gear so as not to scare the vintage types. It's clear that one piece suits are not vintage appropriate.

post-2-1094525388.jpg