Best Jacket

lowbrow

Can anyone recommend a lightweight jacket that keeps you dry? I'm looking for something suitable for our English summer that's still waterproof after its been washed, doesn't fill up with condensation and doesn't make you sweat. Is there such a thing? :wall:

Can anyone recommend a lightweight jacket that keeps you dry? I'm looking for something suitable for our English summer that's still waterproof after its been washed, doesn't fill up with condensation and doesn't make you sweat. Is there such a thing? :wall:

Go to any large cycling shop, mountain bike jackets have to do all the things you ask for, and there is a huge selection to choose from. How good it is depends on how deep your pockets are !

Hi

these seem very good

http://www.onfire.co.uk/mens/jackets-and-f...product697.html

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/Products/Nevi..._Jacketnew.aspx

I find the best way to look after waterprof clothing is to wash in the machine in a not to hot wash with no detergent, it may not get the very badlly soil items looking like new but for trials/sports gear does it matter

Cheers

Whiz

Edited by whiz

Thanks for the advice chaps, certainly a few very interesting options to consider. I was hoping to hear from some Scots because I know how wet it can be up there and their reputation for being prudent. Like many, I don't mind spending money for quality that lasts, but my present jacket is now for decoration only. :wall: