Gas Gas 250

gasgas1

hi ive just baught a 1993 gas gas 250 in need of some tlc,first off there is a milky oil dripping out of the crank case breather wen running is this the crankshaft oil seals,also were do i get parts for this bike such as body panels & mechanical,cheers

hi ive just baught a 1993 gas gas 250 in need of some tlc,first off there is a milky oil dripping out of the crank case breather wen running is this the crankshaft oil seals,also were do i get parts for this bike such as body panels & mechanical,cheers

It might be condensation due to prolonged storage, but probably the waterpump seal is in need of replacement. I'm trying to remember if the 93' was the year of the crankcase cooling system and if so, you might have case corrosion problems to deal with. You should be able to get parts from your local dealer but the engine should be inspected asap.

Jon

It might be condensation due to prolonged storage, but probably the waterpump seal is in need of replacement. I'm trying to remember if the 93' was the year of the crankcase cooling system and if so, you might have case corrosion problems to deal with. You should be able to get parts from your local dealer but the engine should be inspected asap.

Jon

The 1995 model had crankcase cooling and that was blanked off on later 95 bikes due to main bearing problems, as far as I can remember that was the only year it was fitted.

Edited by Dab-man

The 1995 model had crankcase cooling and that was blanked off on later 95 bikes due to main bearing problems, as far as I can remember that was the only year it was fitted.

Thanks! I had a 96' and the problem had been solved by then.

Jon

Hi gas gas 1,

If milky oil is dripping out of the gearbox breather, likely to have water in there, as Jon said. Also very likely the water pump seal and shaft have worn, usually the shaft wears a groove where the seal sits. Buy a w/pump seal kit, shaft, seal and circlip. Remove the clutch cover to do this, already covered in great detail somewhere earlier on this forum line.

Dump the oil when hot, re-fill with 700ml ATF rated to Dexron III, or a mineral oil 10 weight.

If up North (UK?) then try Derek Whites for all parts/service/bril help, in Darlington, south, try BVM Gloucester.

Bye, PeterB.