Txtpro 300 Coolant Draining

elctb

What do you guys use to remove the brass bolt to drain the coolant on the gasgas TXTPro ?

Thanks,

The early model uses a standard Allen wrench and the newer, improved drain/shaft bushing takes a "T-25" Torx bit.

Jon

Hi Jon,

What about the hose clamps. How are they removed ? I tried to use a set of pliers, but I was not sure I was doing the right thing.

Thanks.

If you closely at the clamp, you'll see where you can use a very screwdriver to pop the clamp apart. Just put it in where the outer part of the band is and twist. To install, just take a pair of pliers and squeeze the clamp together and you'll hear a "click". Once you look closely at it, it hopefully, will be clear. They look kinda simple but work really well.

Cheers.

Jon

Edited by JSE

Hi elctb,

I usually pop off the hose on the water pump to drain coolant. Behind the brass bolt is a small sst shim that is easily lost (fits between the pump shaft and the end of the brass plug), as well as a nylon washer up on the shoulder of the brass plug. Take care not to loose the sst shim.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi elctb,

I usually pop off the hose on the water pump to drain coolant. Behind the brass bolt is a small sst shim that is easily lost (fits between the pump shaft and the end of the brass plug), as well as a nylon washer up on the shoulder of the brass plug. Take care not to loose the sst shim.

Bye, PeterB.

A much better idea if all you need to do is drain the coolant. That tiny washer can drop down into the turbine blades inside the housing and you'll probably need to take the pump off to get it back out (happened to me a couple of weeks ago). :thumbup:

Jon

The early model uses a standard Allen wrench and the newer, improved drain/shaft bushing takes a "T-25" Torx bit.

Jon

Are you sure its a t25 Jon?

I used one and thought it was a tad loose, but tried a t30 and it was obviously too big so I gave it a go.... doh, it started to strip. (it was pretty tight from the factory)

Looking thru my stash of torqz bits for another t25 I happened to find a t27 (which i didn't know i had) and was able to tap it in but the soft brass was too far gone to even use it. Next thing was tapping in an allen key while cleaning out the bits of brass. Now I'm back to an allen fitting that works ! What the hell is the point of 1 silly torks fitting on the bike anyway when the allen worked before ?

Hi cdn,

The torx head was to distinguish the upgraded bush from the earlier type, it was a material change from memory, for harder wearing. Yes, they are pretty tight from the factory.

Bye, PeterB.