Fuel Tank

postmanpat

Hello mate, I repaired my tank with Arildite. depends where the crack is and how big it is.Mine was where the kickstart sits,tryed petrol patch but after a while it started to leak again,hope this helps.

There is a product called Plastex that works a treat. It comes in different colours, and the blue is not a bad match for Scorpa blue. it can be sanded and painted when dry.

Their website is:

Plastex

You can also get it professionally plastic welded. The base material is a type of Nylon.

Paul

The Hell Team.

There is a two part plastic bonding developed for bumpers, mudguards and fairings, its also suitable for fuels. Its called B2. Mix it 50/50 and it goes of to the touch in about twenty minutes, leave it for 24hrs and you can sand and paint it. Its realy tough and normally prodces a fix stronger than the original nylon or plastics, sadly only in black.

The only other solution I have used in the past and found it worked realy well on a fuel tank was fibreglass. More work and preparation but its pretty permanent.

Edited by renegade

There is a two part plastic bonding developed for bumpers, mudguards and fairings, its also suitable for fuels. Its called B2. Mix it 50/50 and it goes of to the touch in about twenty minutes, leave it for 24hrs and you can sand and paint it. Its realy tough and normally prodces a fix stronger than the original nylon or plastics, sadly only in black.

The only other solution I have used in the past and found it worked realy well on a fuel tank was fibreglass. More work and preparation but its pretty permanent.

Cheers,where do you get the B2?

Sorry for the delay in my reply, I've been away for a few days.

Its manufactured and sold under the following companies products JB Weld

http://www.jbweld.net/products/uses.php

Part No. 8277 its called waterweld on this site you can even use it in a wet fuel tank.

I purchased mine through Silverstone factors at Silverstone. But you can buy it online.

regards renegade

Edited by renegade

• 5 weeks later...