Servicing

matt_tily

What is there to service on a 125 txt pro gasgas. I have changed the plug, drained and refilled collant/water, cleaned air filter. Is it worth cleaning the carb or anything else? The bike has a bit of a dead spot and stalls if you de accelerate and then accelerate and then stalls, it also doesn't start as well when hot. Is that normal, or is something causing this?

Cheers,

Matt

What is there to service on a 125 txt pro gasgas. I have changed the plug, drained and refilled collant/water, cleaned air filter. Is it worth cleaning the carb or anything else? The bike has a bit of a dead spot and stalls if you de accelerate and then accelerate and then stalls, it also doesn't start as well when hot. Is that normal, or is something causing this?

Cheers,

Matt

Hi

This is probably caused by dirt and/or water in the carburator. I think You will find it necesarry to clean the carb quite often..

-Jan

What is there to service on a 125 txt pro gasgas.

Matt

Matt,

Pay close attention to the pilot jet to make sure it's clear.

Suspension lubing is very important as it's easy to forget and when you feel a problem, it usually means you have to replace parts. Check wheel bearings for looseness and you might peel off the seal and pack a little waterproof in there to extend their life. Check spokes and don't forget the tripleclamp bearing as it is very often overlooked. Other than that, it's regular "check everything" stuff.

Jon