New 08 4rt .. Help Required ?

darrensn

Hi Darren,

I bought my 4rt second hand so not 100% on the running in bit, expect keep it from flat out for a while and dump the clutch and engine oil after a few hours,possibly the filter as well. I use Repsol engine oil, seems good and change it once a month. Elf in the clutch and change it every six years (2 months) always seems clean when I dump it out. Always used Super unleaded so dont know about normal, expect it would be fine but why take a chance over a few pence, not done the oil filter yet but will be this month.

One other thing, the 4rt loves new or good tyres, if this is your first grip may be a problem in very slippy conditions, you will learn how the 4rt grips so stick with it and use good tyres, I think many people swapped their Monts too early before learning how they grip, they grip like f**k once learnt.

Keep the tickover high, it helps with starting/charging and stalling, keep a check on it regulary. Jitsie filters are good and you can bin the standard filter and flame guard if the 08 is the same as previous models.

The Mont is without doubt the best bike I have yet and the most fun I have ever had on a Trials bike, struggled with grip early on and to be honest it has taken me 6 months to get the hang of very slippy going but its been worth it. Start the bike with no throttle and when cold never touch the throttle untill the fan kicks in

Good luck

Edited by The Addict

Hi Darren,

You should change the engine oil and filter every 6 races, thats what Is recommended by Honda. Repsol 10/40 Is recommended by Honda for the engine, order online from saundersextremesports.co.uk

Gearbox oil should be Elf HTX 740, but I doubt if you can get that anywhere. Ring Sandifords and speak to one of their mechanic's about an alternative.

Super unleaded only.

All this Info Is In the manual.

Hope this was helpfull,

Chris.

Hi

Every bike i have had i have run in by really babying it along for 6hr. It is boring as hell. You put an old tyre on and very gently trail ride it. Then drop the engine oil out and start to trials ride it with care for another 6hr. It seems a bit OTT but all my bikes have lasted very well and never rattled prematurely.

Drain you gear box oil into a clean container... if the oil looks clean then put it back in. Don't be daft and waste good oil.

Only use the best petrol you can find. Normally the low octane stuff has a very poor manufacture spec.

Ralphy