Sherco 4-stroke

kinell

We are running last years british supermoto champuions bike crf450(ish) and the lad who builds our engines recommends that we run it at 100 - 1 with good quality 2-stroke oil !!!!

So oil in the mix already for me. Do what the world superbike engine builder tells ya!!

:rolleyes:

the sherco sounds fairly high tech for their 1st 4t!?is it possable that they have got it spot on 1st time out? :rolleyes: think there will be afew minor probs with it myself.its suposidly a very simmilar bottom end so thatll be the same mains bearings as previouse years and there not exactly the best and most durable.looks stunning though could be tempted.think ill wait till theres been afew realy tested before i put the order in.

No doubt all you plonker fans have seen the extensive article on www.todotrial.com. Surprised to see 4 valves & what looks like shim valve adjustment ........I can see no locknut adjusters.

Screw and locknut adjusters are s..t, Bucket and shim are by far the better way to adjust the Valve clearance....I would be ver surprised if anyone still use's screw and lock nut.

As for the 2T oil mix in the petrol....whats all that about eh???? if it's a true fourstroke it gets it's lube from the engine oil...I've never heard of any fourstroke engine being used with a T/S petrol/oil mix...sounds like BS to me! :rolleyes:

Pic's of the Sherco in TMX this week look good, I think the HRC bike will be the one I'd go for , just check out all the old TLR and RTL bikes still around these days....I'm still not sure on the Sherco build quality, I'd sooner pay the extra few quid and go for something I know is going to last in the HRC machine...till that happens I just have to keep giving the two strokes a licking on my 125 Scorpa 4T ;):)

I've heard it's a splash lubrication system, i.e. it has no oil pump. The way that oil would use to reach rockers and cam would be the proper cam chain. If this is true, Sherco and Honda have followed very very differents ways to the four stroke technology: fuel injection vs. carburettor, 2-valves vs. 4-valves, aluminium vs steel chassis, red vs. blue...

Isn't great the time that we'll live?

• 2 weeks later...

Got to see the Sherco 4t at Swiss world round - sure looks like trick bit of kit - and looked like it went right good too when Pons was riding it. It sure sounds a lot better than the Montesa too!

The only issue I had with it was the vulnerability of the barrel and head - both sit slightly outside the line of the frame and "could" be susceptible to damage in a big crash - but only time will tell I guess!!

cheers,

ben_r