Old Boy New To Trials

jim19808

Hi all.

Went to my first trials meet 2 weeks ago and thought i must have a go before i get to fat or old! Just bought a 1978 Montesa Cota 348 in very good condition, I am not looking to be the next "Dougie" just to have some fun and do the easier sections. So, now i have the excuse to loose weight and get fit and the added benefit of joining a great sport.

Jim

Hi all.

So, now i have the excuse to loose weight and get fit and the added benefit of joining a great sport.

Jim

Ride and practice as often as time allows and you will lose weight, gain muscle, improve heart & lungs, be able to eat more with no penalty,

and all while having fun. Why doesnt everybody do it ?

Edited by B40RT

Hi Jim- Hope your planning to (as a member of the berks club) to practice at North Berks sessions at Seymours Arena. It will be good to have another twinshock there. Don't be put off by all the concrete and steep steps. I started my re-entry into trials practicing there and believe it or not there are some twinshockable obstacles and easy stuff there. Get there early before all the experts turn up.

There is a good pre-65 and twinshock trial this weekend at Cheltenham - Saturday and Sunday camping & bbq available! Lots of twinshocks will be there and there are three routes. Go to http://www.hawksmc.org.uk/. Long circuit in the Cotswolds. I'll be there with my Bultaco's. Look for the blue van.

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for the advice about Seymour Arena, i will give it a go. Just managed to locate a pair of size 14 boots, so i am unable to ride until the postie drops them off. I am hoping to get as much training in as body and bike will stand, then enter a wobblie's trial.

jim

• 3 weeks later...

Tim

I went along to that Hawks trial to have a bit look-see, I need a lot more practice particularly on clutch control before I could consider entering a event like that, though I must say that SOME of the white route sections may have been do-able

Nice to see some nice old machinery in use :rotfl: