Gt32 Manual / Infomation

gt32

Hello all.

I am just about to start full overhaul of my aging gasser and being of limited mechanical knowledge anyway, thought it might be wise to see if there's any information floating around.

Does anyone know of any owner / workshop manuals, either on the net or in print that I might be able to get hold of? Its the 327 GT32 that I am particularly interested in but any information about Gas Gas' from the early 90's would be of great help. In addition, if anyone has any hints or ideas on things I should be looking out for as I go over it, they would be greatly appreciated too.

Many thanks.

Mark

Hello all.

I am just about to start full overhaul of my aging gasser and being of limited mechanical knowledge anyway, thought it might be wise to see if there's any information floating around.

Does anyone know of any owner / workshop manuals, either on the net or in print that I might be able to get hold of? Its the 327 GT32 that I am particularly interested in but any information about Gas Gas' from the early 90's would be of great help. In addition, if anyone has any hints or ideas on things I should be looking out for as I go over it, they would be greatly appreciated too.

Many thanks.

Mark

Mark,

The best I can do for you on-line is a German GasGas website, http://www.gasgas.de/ ,and look under "ersatzteile" and you will find a parts manual for the 93' 327.

Jon

Hi Mark,

These were good bikes in their day, lots of strong, stump pulling power.

You'll need a flywheel puller specific for this model Gas Gas, it's a different thread to the 96 270 and later PRO models.

Don't lose the ball bearing that sits between the clutch pushrod and the end mushroom piece.

Don't lock the clutch centre by the spring stubs to undo the centre nut, they will break off. This centre nut should have a locking tab washer fitted.

Check the clutch fibres as on older bikes they tend to peel away from the steel backing.

Bottom end is strong, why are you stripping the motor?

Check the water pump shaft and seal as these can leak water into the gear box.

Fit new cylinder head O rings as these age harden.

Not 100% sure now, but I think the gears were best left in the RHS case when splitting the cases.

Good luck, PeterB.

JSE - thanks for that link, that's just become my favorite bedtime reading :thumbup:. At least I'll have some idea about what I am going to see before I open bits up. (or what that left over nut should be attached to!)

t-shock: thanks for the heads up, that's the sort of info' that comes in really handy. You cant beat experience, something im lacking a bit of on the mechanical side.

PeterB - You seem to know every Gas Gas inside out, I'm amazed. I'll just be working my way through addressing problems as they arise. I've been neglecting her a bit since other priorities have come along and I've promised myself to give her some TLC. She seems to have lost alot of coolant which is my hint that I may have to strip it back, but I may be overreacting - time will tell. Thanks for your insights Pete, you ought to set up a technical helpline!

Thanks agian gentlemen, if anymore spring to mind, pass them along, your advice is gratefully received.

Mark