Carb Problem !

hoggle

Hi there, i'm still rather new to Trials bikes but have a problem with my Txt pro 250 05 ! today whilst out practicing after about an hour i noticed the Engine was revving it's self, by this i mean when i was going downhill with the Clutch pulled in, the Engine was revving itself, as if i was pulling on the throttle then letting go then revving again and so on ! So i returned to the van and when i stopped it won't idle anymore ! does anyone have any thoughts about what i could do ? many thanks!

for some reason its running weak,maybe simple blocked pilot jet thats the very small one you see after taking of float chamber,or you have run out of petrol,or the worst bit crank seals leaking if you have odd smell and smokey exhaust its the clutch side,if not its the mag side,this is just a guide.

Sounds like you may have an air leak making the motor run weak. It could well be the things meantioned by Max, but is the jubilee clip holding the carb into the inlet rubber tight? The rubber inlets can split (always at the back where you can't see!) and its also possible for the motor to suck air where the inlet joins the reed cage and the reed cage joins the crankcase. Make sure the gaskets are good, use new ones if you dismantle it and a smear of RTV to make sure.

I did notice there was more smoke than usual when pulling away after start up ! i will check the rubber seals around the Carb first, then will take it to someone to check it over for me ! Thanks for the replies Guys ! :thumbup: