Spares

badass76

Always nice if you get round to affording a gear lever and rear brake lever as well, but I know they're not cheap. I usually end up with a straightened out old one as a spare.

If you're running tubeless tyre on the rear get a repair kit (dog turds) and probably worth having a front tube considering how cheap they are.

One thing I've noticed on a couple of Beta's - I don't know if it's a common thing, but I've seen two of them do it, but possibly because the rear spindle wasn't tightened enough: The lug that holds the chain adjusters in place (little bolt or summat sticking out of the rear swinging arm that the chain adjusters push up against) snapped off, so if this is a common thing may be worth having a bolt the right size to shove through.

At least if you've thought about it you know it will never happen :rolleyes:

Fix a puncture with a dog turd - about 5 minutes.

New clutch/front brake lever - about 5-7 minutes including adjustment

Rear brake 5-10 minutes

Gear lever 5-10 minutes

Front tube - about 10 minutes.

If things get a bit sticky:

Seat off, tank off, air-box off, carb off, cleaned out, back together 15-20 minutes.

If you get a spurt on you could have a right bad day and still finish :rolleyes:

If you know you've got everything you need, ang get to it as soon as it happens you should be fine. Most of it is confidence.

The more maintenance you do on your bike the more confident you'll be when something goes wrong (as well as the other obvious advantages).