1999 Gas Gas 200 Barrel Needed?

benc

Hi Ben,

These barrels are as rare as finding a dog that speaks Norwegian. Getting an original piston is even rarer.

But, ask at GG UK first as they may just have one, also, the original piston manufacturer for the old 200 motor's no longer supplies the pistons and the replacement offered is not a brilliant remedy, thinner rings and the ring pegs are in an awkward place.

If the original piston is not overly worn, you could get the barrel replated, I can't remember but I think you were in Leeds, if so, best place to ask about this is at White Bros in Darlington, ask for Al the Spanner, he would know what can be done.

Gaskets should be no problem.

Bye, PeterB.

I dont really have that kind of cash at the moment plus im fairly new to bikes so I dont really want to be spending large amounts incase I find that I either end up damaging the bike or that Im not into the sport as much as I thought I was.

I have a friend who has a beta rev3 250 ( i think ) that he might be selling but people have been telling me not to jump on anything over a 200 to start out with. The beta is a nice bike and I can get it for cheap it just needs some slight work doing to it.