Ever Been To Scotland Farm (middlesbrough Dmc)?

1st gear steve

I was Lucky enough to be up at Scotland Farm Recently, Has anyone been there before?

Middlesbrough are running a charity trial (Great North Air Ambulance) there on Sept 7th. I went up to help them pick out the route & chop some bracken for them - I have to say it is quite superb, Some really good rock outcrops on the hillside, but the rocky stream in the bottom of the valley, really is the jewel in the crown, certainly for this centre i am not sure it gets any better. One of the guys just suggested we threw the flags in the air & where they landed that could be the section.......

I took a couple of photos on my phone but can't seem to get them uploaded onto this, if you know how to & want to see them let me know (not a computer whizz), really something for all.

I believe they are running usual adult classes, plus A/B Youth, charity on top of this - Win a back Tyre (raffle) plus some stuff donated by Clarkes & Charltons M/Cs, then a BBQ after - should be a good do?

too right its worth the travel. the rocky stream (3 meters wide in places with rocks of all sizes all over the place) is what trials bike's were made for. if you have not been before please come you will not be disappointed and will return. there will be some nice cold cans of beer lager and coke for sale at the bbq after, you will of earned it lads and dont worry if you dont finnish it all im sure i can polish it off. and remember as well as it being a cracking new venue its for a good cause you never know if you might need that air ambulance yourself one day. so get there gent's/lady's it will be a belter and worth a bit of a travel trust me. and if you can bring an observer CLASS.

HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE. PAUL WRIGHT

forgot to say any riders planning on doing the eyc 2 day this would be a good warm up trial. and if you are a fairly new rider dont be put off by that the clark of the course is top notch and puts on great trials for all abilities and the stream inbetween sections can be made as hard or as easy as you please you will see what i mean when you ride it. the loss of woodhouse farm was a bit of a bugger but i would never trade it for scotland farm not in a million years it's far superior.

Hi Steve, Paul,

I used to be in the M'boro and then the Guisborough club back in the late 70's and remember the area well. Pity about Woodhouse form going a bit over the top with wanting so much money to run a trial, it wasn't that brilliant. We always had a section going through the ruined house near the start area. I used to practice out at Osmotherly along with Jack Galloway, don't know the name of the farm but this is a bril area with some of the best beck sections around, bit like the Scottish in some places. Rob Edwards and Rathmell used to turn up there too. Would be a superb trial, but a bit too far for me to go. Hope you get a good entry.

Ta ta, PeterB.

hi peter like steve said he flooded that bit for fishing the fishermen were ok really the shooter's on the other hand were a different story. but dont worry i understand its to far for you to come. but what i have seen of nz you have the best patch. i watched lord of the rings and thought sod the hobbits i want to take my bike there looks awsome.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the M'bro link, I see Nipper (John) Pattinson is still riding, in a new pair of overalls. He used to win club trials when I started off, was always a good rider and always wore overalls. Some names there I recognize like Garbutt and Foulkes but with different first names so I guess they are the sons of the guys I used to know. Dale? is this Peter Dale?

The stuff you would have seen on Lord of the Rings would mostly be in the South Island, vast areas of trials delight and pretty accessible too. Our NZ title will be down that way this year, in the deep south of the South Island held over 3 days on Labour weekend (like a UK Bank Holiday) in Alexandra. This has stunning scenery and sandpaper grip like rocks. Would be ok for World Rounds there. It's a long way there for us lads in Akl, about 8 hrs drive to Wellington, catch a ferry for the 3 hour trip to the South then about an 11 hour drive to Alex.....loooooong way - that's why I'm flying!

Ta ta, PeterB.

hello peter nipper is still a bench mark for us lesser club men i have beat him once and was chuffed to bit's. them orange overalls match his bike perfect you can see him coming from a mile off not before you can hear him on that tiger cub like. the foulkes lad is ray good rider he is the son of ralph that will be the one you know he still helps us set out and clean up the cleveland and vic boys the best in the buisness at that and a really nice bloke to boot.not sure about garbut but there was a fred garbut round about your time who is saddly no longer with us. and im not sure about dale there was bill dale who helped us out but again saddly he passed on too he used to clear up on the vic boys also on his own once which is not easy. its good to see you dont get the restrctions over there that we get here we have to tread very carefully at times and its not like there's not enough countryside for us all to enjoy. saying that i have been getting to a lot more trials this year and we do have some cracking land in these parts. keep a eye on the m/bro web site we are going to try get some more pictures on it too so hope you enjoy them.

see ya paul