White Rose Trial

gasgasmonkey

HI, the white rose trial is a credit to the fantastic organising team!!!!!!.i first rode this in 1977 on my ossa.it was one of the hardest days i have ever had in my life.to say its ideal practise for the scott is how i would sum it up.i missed it this year due to injury,the same injury which will keep me away from this years scott.the burn around the moors is what trials are all about,not four laps ten sections!.if you are real trials riders make sure these events never die.how much longer can they keep the scott going?.sunt jnr[john] always goes well at the scott.its not because he lives up their its down to the amount of effort put in.i remember when phil alderson was winning,he got fit by going out running weeks before,if you are not getting ready for the scott now!,a bit of good advice,do not bother entering.long may these trials survive,they certainly deserve to do.

Is it correct that some of the top riders were allowed to ride a section twice because the observer gave them a five. I understand that when they went to the next section someone told them that they had been given a five they returned and were allowed to ride the section again.

I don't think that's a bad thing sometimes. On occasions, there is a fine line between staying in the section and going out of the boundaries, when tape is not used.

Some observers will allow a long way out of the section, whilst some seem to go over the top on keeping a straight line between flags, even when a straight line is not possible at other parts of the section.

If the rider hasn't gained a significant advantage from riding the rest of the section, and if there was some doubt over the ride, then laying down the law from that point on, and allowing the first few riders to ride again seems the fairest way.

One option is to penalise the first few riders, the other to allow them to ride that route and allow the same for everyone else, sometimes ruining an otherwise good section.

If the flags are not clear enough sometimes I think there needs to be some flexibility.

The rider still has to ride the section fair and square.

This probably doesn't fit in with the rules, but neither do a lot of section markers.

The answer really is to ask the observer to specify how far you can go, there's no argument then, I always do, so I don't turn up on the second lap and half the entry has cleaned it the "easy way".

This may not be the issue but often is.