Beta Rev 300 4t Starting Problems

german munster

Have you done the hot start mod ? If not do it, it works. It's posted in the sticky above the post. There is a fuel screw in the bottom of the carb, it's a little difficult to get to, Jitsie makes one and life a hole lot better. So with that said try and adjust the fuel screw some. Mine come stock at 1 7/8's out and am now probly around 2 1/2 to 3 turns out.

When the bike is hot pull the hot start and when it starts push it back in. Just put the bike in nutral to start any you and the bike will be happier.

I have a 300 with the factory aluminum pipe, sweeeeeet !

The electrics are very weird on Beta's..... the light switch can effect the kill switch!!. When i tested one i found it had a faulty switch and started better with the lights on or off (i can't remember which).

I'd pull the kill switch off, and fit a good quality unit (as i have done on my Beta Rev3 2T).

The electrics are very weird on Beta's..... the light switch can effect the kill switch!!. When i tested one i found it had a faulty switch and started better with the lights on or off (i can't remember which).

I'd pull the kill switch off, and fit a good quality unit (as i have done on my Beta Rev3 2T).

My Rev 4T was also very difficult to start. I found that the kill switch can stick. Pushing the kill switch in then quickly releasing it worked. Replacement planned.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

thanks a lot for your help. You had right, the kill and light switch was the cause of trouble, i put it out and installed a new kill switch (like ktm's have one) and a new light switch.

I also put the needle in middle position, and now it starts most time with the second kick.