Clutch Arm

dixie

I am just in the process of modding my 240 fantic ,there seems to be lots of different opinions on clutch arm length

who has lengthend the arm and how long ????

for the moment i have gone back an inch and down 1/2 inch with the foot pegs is this enough ?

i have left them higher than most because i liked the way they didnot catch the ruts and rocks in sections,will i end up dropping them??

thanks in advance

Hi Dixie ,

My Clutch arm is right about 2cm. longer than stock , which sets the amount of cable travel required right at the limits of the domino levers . (which offer better leverage vs. cable movement than any other I've tried on mine ) If you want really lite clutch action leave the arm stock and install a hebo hydraulic clutch kit , and/or remove the return spring off the clutch arm. If you go longer than 2cm. you also force a cable bind at the anchor point , that has to be moved also . Mine works fine with one or two fingers ...

I have a previous post here somewhere on how I moved my pegs , and like you I didn't want them hanging down to far ... but the remount made quite a difference in the overall feel of the bike !

And once you get all that done , get a OKO from Classic Trials and you'll think you got a new bike !!! And Check your swingarm pivot for excessive play !!!

Keep the Fantics Alive !!!

Glenn :lol:

Glenn thanks for the info

Got lucky with the fantic i bought the guy had done a full engine and frame re build

new gear change shaft and kickstart shaft all seaals and bearings

i just had to get shocks and a new kickstart

but it was all bog standard,that will never do