Knee Pads?

jaan

I'm looking to get some 661 Kyle Strait knee pads but I'm a bit worried about size as someone mentioned that they're a tad on the small side. I'd imagine I'd want a large or x-large but wondered if anyone with these sizes could measure around their thigh/shin where the elastic sits and let me know what fits what. I can't find anywhere local that sells them to try them on.

Sorry if this is a bit of a thread hijack but didn't think it justified a new thread with this one going on.

Thanks in advance.

Allan.

Oh, forgot to mention, what's the deal with the standard, patriot and earth 'Kyle Straits', just colour or is there more to it?

Hi Allan.

I bought some of the 661 Kyle Strait pads from someone on ebay [an MTB shop based in Westbury Wilts] and they arrived today, which was an excellent service being here nextday.

I went for the 'white' ones in XL, the ones with the red logos are the patriot and I think they have a hard shell, whereas mine are a softer armour. They feel pretty substantial though, actually they are a bit chunkier/bulkier than I thought they would be, but they fit under my normal denim jeans OK so I think they will be fine under my stretchier trials jeans tomorrow.

Size wise, I reckon they are about right for my 18" [above knee] and 16.5 [below knee] legs.

I hope that helps. :unsure:

I'm looking to get some 661 Kyle Strait knee pads but I'm a bit worried about size as someone mentioned that they're a tad on the small side. I'd imagine I'd want a large or x-large but wondered if anyone with these sizes could measure around their thigh/shin where the elastic sits and let me know what fits what. I can't find anywhere local that sells them to try them on.

Look at

Sizes

I bought the white logo ones XL from an eBay Shop. They seem to be very comfortable but let's see how durable they are. They are Made in China. Surely the young women in the factory are too busy to sew good quality. And the white logo is too printed with some kind of adhesive paint. Maybe I got "lemons".

I bought the white logo ones XL from an eBay Shop. They seem to be very comfortable but let's see how durable they are. They are Made in China. Surely the young women in the factory are too busy to sew good quality. And the white logo is too printed with some kind of adhesive paint. Maybe I got "lemons".

I just received from Germany an Ortema P1 Light Back Protection with shoulder straps. It's not poor Chinese but excellent German quality!

It's really pitty that Ortema doesn't make Knee Pads. However they make Knee Brace from Carbon-Fibre (individual fitting!), price is 1 889,00 euros! Not for me.

P1 is the lightest and most comfortable Back protector for trial I've ever tried.

Ortema

Edited by Jaan

• 2 weeks later...