2009 4rt Prices

benbeta23

We may see some interesting things happen with pricing: Used bikes (1 to 2 years old) may hold there value well, and new bikes being offered at below MSRP as overall sales may be down and the orders for 2009 bikes will have been made to the factories and commitments by the importers will need to be filled. Time will tell.

Spencer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may see some interesting things happen with pricing: Used bikes (1 to 2 years old) may hold there value well, and new bikes being offered at below MSRP as overall sales may be down and the orders for 2009 bikes will have been made to the factories and commitments by the importers will need to be filled. Time will tell.

Spencer

Do you really think its as sophisticated as that?

A lot of people i know would'nt buy a 4 stroke from any of the manufacturers because the price was to high over the past couple of years, so now the prices are going up theres even less chance of them wanting to try the change to a 4 stroke!!!!

It was a stretch for me to buy a 4 stroke last year and if i want a new 09 bike i'm gonna go back to a 2 stroke because i just cant afford the rediculous prices they want and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

maybe the prices of the 2nd hand bikes might not drop as much though..??

I could buy a brand new Ford KA and have change for less than the price of a new 4rt mont!!!!

Doubt it. Reckon they order one batch, then the next depending on sales and frequency. Sure it was like that when I visited the sherco factory.

I figure that well over $10K US at current rates.

Never figured I would have to be wealthy to putt about on a 250cc Honda! Guessed wrong! Awe hell, lets throw this overpriced POS at a few rocks and see what happens! NOT! :D

For comparison--how much are the Beta 4 and the Sherco 4?

About $8500 last I recall, so is that going to be $2000 less than a Mont that you can't get? Oh sure the bikes can be had, only of you do some ? , It is a nice well built bike, but I can buy two nice bikes at that cost!

The dollars and sense have become baffeling! Do I see a crash coming there too? I know a few riders, and the most pragmatic can keep just about anythin running for an average of about $500 per year I figure, and since there are few innovations in this decade, can still kick your butt! :D