Clutch

elusivemite

ive been noticing in the few weeks ive had the bike that when i engage 1st the bike snatches even with the clutch is fully in doing this with any throttle at all isnt advised as me neighbours fence just found out !! :| is this a sign that my clutch needs replacing. also when the bike is running i can roll the bike forward and back with clutch in yet without engine running and clutch in i cant roll at all.

any input be apreciated. bike is 315r 2002

Rob

ive been noticing in the few weeks ive had the bike that when i engage 1st the bike snatches even with the clutch is fully in doing this with any throttle at all isnt advised as me neighbours fence just found out !! :| is this a sign that my clutch needs replacing. also when the bike is running i can roll the bike forward and back with clutch in yet without engine running and clutch in i cant roll at all.

any input be apreciated. bike is 315r 2002

why. oh why can't montesa/honda get the clutch straight!!

I've had a 315 plus, just sold my 4rt...in favour of a sherco .....sherco clutch works fabulous!

you need to really warm up the 315 then got it moving forward, then pop the clutch ...you only need to do this once .when first starting .....masso

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I dont own a 315r but find that if I dont ride my bikes for a while the same problems happens. Try starting the bike and let it run for about 10 minutes, pull the clutch lever in a few times while it is warming up then try to engage 2nd gear. Mine works always and after riding for a few minutes it's fine. Belldane