What Is A Txxi 280?

thumperbob2002

Hi

I`m new to trials and going to look at a bike tomorrow ( from a friend of a friend ) Apparantly its a TXXi gas gas 280

Ive ridden a 280 pro but cant find any info on a TXXi ( it says this on the tank so Ive been told- good condition- hardly ridden in 18 months- chaps looking for

Google shows up very little for a TXXI Gasser, although this link suggests the TXXI is a pro model.

2002 TXT280 PRO TXXI

The worrying thing is the one mentioned here is a 2002 model Pro. Be very careful if it ends up being a 2002 model Pro. This was my best and worst bike ever. Best, because when it was running right, there was nothing like the power of the 280, especially the 2002 model. Worst because in my view, the 2002 pro was not fit for purpose. First of the TXT's, they had less gearbox oil than the others, and I couldn't manage to keep my oil inside mine. Every couple of months it would blow up for one reason or another.

The airboxes were rubbish when new - I bought the bike brand new then had to pay 100 quid for a new airbox which kept at least a little water out.

The 2003 model was a fair bit better, and I reckon by 2004 they'd sorted it.

You should be able to get a 2004 model for around the money your paying I would think...maybe

I'm not totally convinced though that a Pro is the right older bike to have? Sherco 2004 was very good, so was the Beta. I still have my 2004 Sherco now and it's still fit, although slightly "weathered" :huh: