Jtx270 Spares

grahamjayzee

Hi All,

I manage to pursuade a friend to get involved with Trials. When I wasn't looking he bought a 1997 gas gas JTX270 from the home fo all that is secondhand, Ebay. The bike is clearly a refugee from fields rather than a well used trials tool.

I think it's worth resoring to trials-ready condition as there are a few positives:

Front end is good

Wheel, steering head and swingarm bearings are good

Tyres are very useable

Engine has good compression...

However, there are plenty of negatives!

Radiator is missing

Rear caliper is missing

Rear master cylinder is suspect

The footrests have been replaced with road/ race pegs (!)

The kickstart has the engagement bearing and spring assembly missing and so just flaps about.

The shock top and bottom bushes are rogered.

The loom has been hacked.

Does anyone know of a source of secondhand spares (apart from ebay; we've got that covered!) or have a few bits in their garage? Does anyone know if any other rear brake assemblies are compatible so we can widen the search? The radiator is the big one; if we can't get on of those, the project is dead in the water!

Thanks folks

Graham

I'm the fool that bought it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

As buying new parts would make your new aquisition less than a bargain, you might be on the lookout for another parts bike around the 97' year model. A lot of the major parts you need are the same for a lot of the years and maintenance parts like brake pads, master cylinder rebuild kits etc. are easy to get. For instance, I had a 96' JTR370 and my son had a 97' JTX320 and except for a few things like the airbox design and displacement, they were essentially the same bike.

Jon

As buying new parts would make your new aquisition less than a bargain, you might be on the lookout for another parts bike around the 97' year model. A lot of the major parts you need are the same for a lot of the years and maintenance parts like brake pads, master cylinder rebuild kits etc. are easy to get. For instance, I had a 96' JTR370 and my son had a 97' JTX320 and except for a few things like the airbox design and displacement, they were essentially the same bike.

Jon

Thanks Jon. I got the new prices from gasgas and whilst non of the individual parts were rediculously priced it soon added up enough to make the project unviable!

As luck would have it though I've managed to find a used rear caliper and radiator from a '97 JTX200 and have high hopes they'll fit!

Edited by skov