'05 Pro Crankshaft Removal?

joandemma

I had trouble with mine when I did my mains.

I over came it with two small tyre levers and used them to leaver the gear up gently after removing the cir clip.

Just be very careful not to mark the crank case where the gasket goes .

Don't be tempted to beat the crank out of the cases, sometimes even if you can get the primary gear off the crank still won't come out. Remember the waterpump drive fits into that end of the crank so any damage you cause whacking it out may result in the pump drive not fitting back. I've found that the best way to get a stuck crank out is with a hydraulic press, be carefull where the crankcase mating surfaces lay on the bed of the press, just a little pressure and the crank comes out. You will probably need a press anyways to install the new bearings, an 05 should have the one piece bearing/seal, don't pound those in. Mark.

I'd be intrested in one of those or even a photo so i could make up my own.

Anyone got one..???

I haven't used one of these, but I think this is the tool from GG. The "fingers" go over the gear and catch on the backside and the collar/ring is slid on to lock them in place, then the bolts pushes in on the crank to back the gear off.

Jon

I haven't used one of these, but I think this is the tool from GG. The "fingers" go over the gear and catch on the backside and the collar/ring is slid on to lock them in place, then the bolts pushes in on the crank to back the gear off.

Jon

Thanks Jon, have you got a part number for the tool.

If there not to dear would quite like one for tool box.