Hebo Pegs For A 4rt

johnnyboxer

Yes, the 4RT alloy kickstart does foul a Hebo right hand side footpeg. Only option is to carefully file a little from the kickstart, ensuring that you don't weaken the pedal when doing so. I would imagine that sandifords would advise against this for obvious reasons.

I have used my Montesa with Hebos and like the set up. Hebos are readily available and do the job in hand!

Big John

I started off with Hebo stainless pegs - just smoothed the kickstart as suggested by John - Now I use Raptor titanium pegs, still on standard hangers. Excellent pegs, very hard to damage and impossible to clog with mud. If you do catch something hard then the hanger distorts and is relatively cheap to replace. You can get Raptor titanium hangers super tough and 10mm further back, but I can't comfortably reach the rear brake using them and I'd rather bend a hanger than the frame.

I used HEBO stainless pegs for a while on my 4RT - as mentioned, the kickstart does touch them but nevertheless, much better than the original pegs. Have now gone to Raptors on Jitsie (10mm back) hangers. The Raptors sit a little lower and for me are very comfortable.