15th An Sy250

scorpa4banger

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice there 4Banger, can I borrow your plastics just to save scratching my white 08 SY? :thumbup:

Must admit there's a big difference between my 08 SY with a s3 pipe over my old 04 model, a lot more zip even after I adjusted the stator to the softer setting. I did however add a tiny bit of weight to the flywheel as it was a bit prone to stalling I presume the flywheel has lost some weight over the years to make it more zappy for the big boys!

Actually it has gained weight. the Racing spec (not UK spec) flywheels used to be machined a lot more than they are now. When Marc Colomer came on board as Tech consultant the wheels were changed for a heavier spec. (07 from memory).

Only about half the weight is now machined off from the standard Yamaha (UK spec) flywheel.

Here's an early racing flywheel, notice the large part machined from the outer edge. Current ones have about half this amount removed.

post-1604-1231413665.jpg

Edited by arnoux

• 2 weeks later...