First Trial For 12 Years!

grahamjayzee

Always worth getting up extra early before a trial and making sure you have a good poo :hyper: nowt worse than one comin on at section 1 :huh: it kills ya concentration

Wise advice!

I think the whole thing will come back to me reasonably quickly, to be honest. I had kind of forgotten what to expect in the sections and they all looked a bit 'big' to me. So whilst I wasn't nervous before the trial, the sight of a 30' climb with a near virtical exit over some roots had me clenching. It took me the 1st lap to relax a bit after that. Next time will be a lot easier...

Sometimes its not always good to start a trial at an a*** twitcher section, balls it up and it can put you off rest of the day. If possible go and find a nice straight forward one or a few and build the confidence up before you get to the willy shrinker ones. Practice harder nastier stuff than you will ever get on your route so when you do a trial nothing there will bother you, nothing worse than looking at a section on the first lap and scuttling off to the nearest shrubbery for a push

Edited by The Addict

Everyone has there off days you have just had yours on your first trial back. you'll breaze the next one.

I always seem to have one shocker of a lap on a 3/4 lap trial usually the 2nd or 3rd and the rest are ok that one dodgy lap has put me out of the awards a few times this year.

But still enjoy myself so whatever.

so merry christmas and good look to you all next year, im off to the pub.

ALL THE BEST. PAUL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham,

just thought i'd add a comment.

I recently got back into trials myself after what must be a 20 year layoff!

Got myself a far too powerful Beta 270 and took part in a local trial about 8 weeks ago.

I was exactly the same as you-paddling my way round with hairs up on the back of my neck with nerves!

But one thing's for sure-I thoroughly enjoyed myself and have managed another 4 trials since-it gets easier every time!

Keep it up mate-as far as I can see, trials is a minority sport and the more of us the better.

Every time you pay your entry fee you're helping a club to run an event-something that's essential to keep this fine sport going!

Best of luck mate,we're all sharing the same aches and pains!

Regards

TC

Hi Topcat13,

Thanks for that mate, it's nice to have some encouragement!

I shall continue. If I think back to when I started, it was much the same and I'm a better rider now than I was then! I'm also quite relaxed about my potential, so I don't feel under self imposed pressure to put in a good performance. Beating Nicks_TR34 is always a priority though!

I've ridden another one since this first one and did a fair bit better. I don't have time to ride another until the 25th (kids back to uni and a horrible 15 mile running race that I can't remember why I entered!) and my goal is to have a great morning's sport. As long as that happens, the rest don't really matter, does it?!

Take care

Graham