Replacement Rear Caliper For 95 Techno

slogger

Have been ringing a number of dealers today (bvm, lampkins - closed, motomerlin) trying to get caliper pot/seals to do a refurb of a 95 Techno 250 rear brake. Worryingly a number of times I was told "if they are available".

So what are my options ?

Is their another pattern caliper that can be fitted where parts will be more readily available and if so will I need to replace the disc as well?

Does anyone know suppliers of seals and caliper pots that can be provide from patterns / sizes. If so, where can I get the tech spec of the items ?

Thinking worse case here as I am sure the items will be available but if not I need to be prepared!

Rob

Measure the piston and take the seal into a car brake parts seller. You should be able to at least match it up there if genuine is not available. I have sourced pistons and seals for "unusual" applications this way in the past. Also it might pay to search the net for the caliper manufacturer - AJP have a comprehensive site in the states for example.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork