Four Marks

nicks_tr34

I have been looking into places I can legitimatly go and get in a bit of trials practice and happened upon this place on my e-travels:- http://mxtrax.co.uk/four-marks/forum/viewt.../47102?siteid=6

Anyone been to Four marks and is it any good for trials (practice) ... the woodland area sounds like it might hold some potential promise? :hyper:

Good - the farmer allows everyone to use his land.

Bad - that includes 4 x 4, motocross, enduro and quads.

There is a large area, say about 10/12 acres of flat and hard land no use for trials, but in the woodland roughly 3/4 acres there are a couple of small bomb holes/ mini dells - otherwise again mostly flatish.

The 'dells' are rather smoothed off by the big stuff. It is clay in the woods and can be very wet - especially the holes. Deep car ruts too.

There are few rules so you must take care. Away from the weekends it is pretty quiet.

There is also a purpose made banger racing (?) ampitheatre and the local steam train puffs by!

East of Four Marks on the dual carriageway, turn up under the railway bridge on a small lane.

i have been there a few times, considering there is sod all else around our way in the form of practice areas i reckon its pretty good - i only ride sportsmans though.

There are some decent size fallen trees to practice going over and some big bombholes with steep drops and climbs. Its a small area but its good to practice basics in - and there aint much else around, so it's a case of like or lump!

merry chrimbo all!!

i have been there a few times, considering there is sod all else around our way in the form of practice areas i reckon its pretty good - i only ride sportsmans though.

There are some decent size fallen trees to practice going over and some big bombholes with steep drops and climbs. Its a small area but its good to practice basics in - and there aint much else around, so it's a case of like or lump!

merry chrimbo all!!

Cool, if you fancy going, give us a shout, I am a total noob (got my first trial at hungy hill tomorrow (28th)), it'd be good to go with someone that knows a bit more/knows the best places there! ... also I think it will be more fun (and safer) with 2 (or more). :hyper: