Tl125 Carb Spacer

biffsgasgas

I need to replace my plastic carb spacer on my tl125 engine. I have heard that something else shares this block but i can't seem to locate anything. I can't seem to get my hands on an oem one and I tried a hand built one (not made by my hand) and it seems to transfer the heat. My oem warps the carb when tightneded down so I want to find a honda spacer. I have searched but am comming up dry. Thanks for your help and sorry if this was in an earlier post. I couldn't find one. Cheers :hyper:

--Biff

I had a TL125 for many years.Everytime I would properly tighten the carb to the inlet manifold the slide would stick.I tried many things including changing the manifold ,all without success.

Eventually, because of a rich running condition I changed the needle and nozzle in the carb and the sticking problem disappeared.

Upon inspection I saw, under a magnifing glass,the tiny burr in the nozzle that had been the problem all along...worth a check as your case sounds as mine.

I need to replace my plastic carb spacer on my tl125 engine. I have heard that something else shares this block but i can't seem to locate anything. I can't seem to get my hands on an oem one and I tried a hand built one (not made by my hand) and it seems to transfer the heat. My oem warps the carb when tightneded down so I want to find a honda spacer. I have searched but am comming up dry. Thanks for your help and sorry if this was in an earlier post. I couldn't find one. Cheers :hyper:

--Biff

Biff

I have sent you a P M about this.

Biff

I have sent you a P M about this.

Thanks Motomike.

I didn't bring the intake to work but I will run home and get it. I will pm you when I get it. Im here in the States on East Coast time so I will try to pay attention when calling.

Nsman.....

Hmmmm you may have something there. I will check it out. Its cracked on the outside of the bolt holes.

--Biff

MotoMike has me all hooked up and is sending me one.

I looked at the reflex and its about the same as a cb125 intake which i have a ton of.

My intake is missing the lower plastic shield which would cause the bowl to heat up.

As i was removing it from the head today it crumbled so its time for it to go.

I sent the head to my works machinist who is awesome so we are getting along just great today.

We will be sorted soon.

--Biff

biffsgasgas Posted Today, 04:03 PM

MotoMike has me all hooked up and is sending me one.

I looked at the reflex and its about the same as a cb125 intake which i have a ton of.

My intake is missing the lower plastic shield which would cause the bowl to heat up.

As i was removing it from the head today it crumbled so its time for it to go.

I sent the head to my works machinist who is awesome so we are getting along just great today.

We will be sorted soon.

--Biff

Hmm I might want to rethink that "challenge" of ours. :o

Naww!! Can't wait for ya to get it running, cuz I know you will let me take her for a spin. :huh::hyper:

Biff,

I have made my own spacer to TL125S specs, well as close as I can reverse engineer it anyway. You can't tell it's not stock from a few feet away. It's been on my bike for about 3-4 years now. I may be making a few more in the near future. This run will have an o-ring at the head vs. the gasket. I think it will seal better with less distortion. Also get an 'S' carb if you can find one as they are thicker walled and do not distort so easily. I have seen after market 'S' carbs on ebay and I believe the one for the XR75/80 is the same as an 'S' with different jetting.

Let me know if you are interested in a repro.

Scooter

• Like 1