Tank Help!

hrc2002

Hi all!

Trying to get the tap of my montesa tank.

I have 2 8mm bolts that hold the tap to the tank. I turn either of the bolts and they just 'jump'. I need to get the tap off, but it isnt loosening off or anything.

Any ideas?

My guess is that the thread on the tank is...well...******.

Thanks!

HRC

There are brass nuts that are inserted into the tank. Sounds very likely that there are turning in the plastic. Not much chance of getting them out mate apart from butchering it! apply heat to bolts and the plastic will melt allowing tap and nuts to come out but you tank is then ******

Araldite won't fix this one Jim.

:)

How do I heat the nuts without setting fire to the left over fuel inside? :)

Reason being, I just brought a new tank from ebay...I brought it so i HAVE to fit it...theres no reason for it, but nevermind.

The tank came without a tap, so thought was that I could just use the tap from the old one...but, its a simple solution...and with simple comes problems...more hassle then its worth really.

Anyone selling a fuel tap in the UK, let me know!

Thanks for help!!

HRC

Aaargh!

Don't bother trying to get old tap off.

Try and get a tap off a Honda CR 125,250 they will fit straight on, you will also benefit from a larger lever and different positioning of On/Off making it easier to turn on the fuel. If your lucky some taps have a reserve, but not sure which Honda they are off. Good luck finding one. :)