Pre-65 Entry

gazer

Hi Slapper. Read you post and BJ's just how many Ladies are ther on the start list this year, apart from Vicky that is :D , thereby "fighting" ;) for the Ladies cup ?????????????

Oh well there goes me entry for the rest of my days :thumbup:

Happy New Year mate..

Like the prof says until you see an entry list you don't know, you should know that. I've given up sending Anne an email to "scrounge" a list to laminate before the weekend. Year before last there were three, last year not sure off the top of my head, think Vicky and the young Polish girl. It's down to the ballot simple as that

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big John, I have to give you a certain amount of credit for it would seem you are the Trials Cental Pre 65 Scottish public relations officer , defending any malicious word or comment , aimed at or challanging the intergity of the above trial and you do it well.

Bonsoir

Frenchie

Sorry Frenchie, you are incorrect there!

I merely express my personal opinion on here, read the bottom of my avatar!

I was, however, defending a couple of my personal friends who managed to get a ride at this years Pre65 Scottish, Vic and Robbie Allan who jointly and separately have done a hell of a lot to promote the sport of motorcycling throughout the world, not just the UK or Scotland for that matter!

Both have inspired youngsters for many decades not only to compete in moto-cross but trials as well!

Vic Allan: (Double Scottish Champion; Double British Champion); ISDT Gold Medalist & road racer!

Robbie Allan: Trials Rider; Motocross rider; Grass tracker; Manx GP & TT rider; SSDT rider Motorcycle Show promoter; current vice president SACU & at aged 65 the oldest competitor in the Dakar!

Top class Scots! :thumbup:

Big John

Incorrect in what way..

I am not the Trials Central Pre65 Scottish Public Relations Officer!

I am however, at the time of writing this, the official spokesman/public relations officer for the Inverness & District MCC (am I right idmcc sec?)

Hope that clarifies matters Gentlemen.

Big John

Edited by Big John

Got my are you still going to observe email from Alex Smith today...daft question... :thumbup:

Good to hear you are back doing a job at the Pre65 Scottish Slapper!

I heard my lad has got a job at the Pre65 this year (he's not riding) he's apparently been detailed to sweep the road this year, someone has got to do it! Funny how folks usually decline that one in favour of a blast over the hills on a bike!!!

Big John

Perhaps I should not comment , but there again perhaps I should. This is not your standard run of the mill "Trial" this is the The Pre 65 Scottish! What does that mean? It is a once a year Prestigious Event organiized by the Edinburgh Club to cater for primarily older gentlemen on older machines. It says QUITE CLEARLY in the regs that the club ( quite rightly ) reserves the right to determine WHO rides! Now if you have the regs on hand just accept that the "Club" exercises that right as it should, to ensure that machines of the era with riders of recognized ability and track record are given a first slice of the pie when it comes to entries. The rest of YOU, no matter how good, or what machine, then go into a ballot and if you are PRIVILEGED, and lucky enough you are IN !

Life is NOT fair so accept it and quit the whining and bitching, and if pre 65 really is your bag, then volunteer to help out with all the extra behind the scenes work that for the most part goes unmentioned, then maybe, just maybe, your 2010 entry MIGHT not go in any ballot and you may be in the "Club's discretion bag" Wise up gentlemen, this is part of OUR trialing heritage, if you are in, congratulations I'll see you there, if not sorry but keep trying and you will succeed!

Roll on May and Maillaig Kippers and Mc'Ewans Heavy/Export /Special

Anon

Edited by tony283

I am however, at the time of writing this, the official spokesman/public relations officer for the Inverness & District MCC (am I right idmcc sec?)

Big John

Indeed you are.

IDMCC also run a 2 Day Pre 65 Trial, in June, for anyone interested or unlucky in the Kinlochleven ballot

:thumbup: D.