Pre-65 Entry

gazer

I've got no problem with that, I always use standard kit, nothing special! :thumbup:

My bikes are always open for scruitiny, they are probably too standard for their own good!

Big John

Too standard for your own good.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although its several years since I last rode, I imagine riding a run of the mill, ie. standardish... bike would be extremely hard work and dare I say it a struggle. As the bikes have evolved without doubt the trial must have become harder and although it is always won with a low score I dont think it reflects how difficult it can be.

Another point, people tell me that the " Stars and their shinny bikes" get rides because it is what the knowledgeble crowd want, is it though.

I wonder if people would actually rather see a more standard array of machines climbing pipeline, chuckling, knowing thats what classic trials is all about or a

Although its several years since I last rode, I imagine riding a run of the mill, ie. standardish... bike would be extremely hard work and dare I say it a struggle. As the bikes have evolved without doubt the trial must have become harder and although it is always won with a low score I dont think it reflects how difficult it can be.

Another point, people tell me that the " Stars and their shinny bikes" get rides because it is what the knowledgeble crowd want, is it though.

I wonder if people would actually rather see a more standard array of machines climbing pipeline, chuckling, knowing thats what classic trials is all about or a

I think part of the enduring success of the pre-65 is that there is something for everybody, from the very standard machines to the who knows how trick. The trial wouldnt be the same without the past winners, also the many characters, from north and south of the border, and the many who travel from continental Europe.

Very true, it's a very mixed bag no point buying a bag of Liquorice Allsorts if all you want is the pink coconutty one.

Also the large and extremly knowlegable crowd of spectators. ........

Who tick off the dodgy bikes in their programmes........ :thumbup:

The fact that the weather is also kind most years, makes it the highlight of my calander.

No comment - really though freezing cold, sleety showers at the top of Meall Na Chruadie last year notwithstanding, the Pre 65 seems to get a very fair share of good weather.

Nice one Big John but unfortunatley the club have now come forward and admitted in as many words and if you read between the lines the ballot isn't fair ' Don't bother wasting a stamp ' on your entry.

Edited by smiley

"The Secretary has already had a few disgruntled riders airing their views but it is not possible to make 339 go into 180 spaces and not have 159 riders disappointed on this occasion. Please remember that this is a Trial for Pre

Edited by Big John