Pre-65 Entry

gazer

Perhaps I should not comment , but there again perhaps I should. This is not your standard run of the mill "Trial" this is the The Pre 65 Scottish! What does that mean? It is a once a year Prestigious Event organiized by the Edinburgh Club to cater for primarily older gentlemen on older machines.

No - take a look at the ages of some 'invited' riders and take a look at the bikes they are riding when you go. Many are brand new and don't even come close to being replicas of the original 50s/60s bikes they are 'based' on (not something I have an issue with personally)

I don't think there are any people (or if there are, very few) who have any objection to ex-factory riders from yesteryear having an automatic or invited entry into the event. They are names and attract crowds and as you have said the event is viewed as prestigious and it should have these names in the entry, particularly as some of them can still ride a bit...

However, there are other issues that people get disgruntled with and I think fairly so. A lack of transparency and double standards with rule application being at the head of the list but I've no intention of rambling on about them as firstly it's pointless and secondly I can't be bothered.

What I will say is that I have no bone to pick with the organisers doing what they like with entry selection, it's their event and it's up to them, but there should be tansparency at least. Is it to be viewed as a serious competition or a 2-day riding social event? Most riders would consider it the former. So riders who compete regularly in their pre65 events all year round get a bit wound up when they hear of something along these lines - organisers contact rider (not an ex-factory rider or 'name' or even a regular competitor) to voice surprise they haven't put an entry in. Rider says I'm not really up to it anymore so didn't bother. Organisers say don't worry about that, just do one day if that's all you can manage.... How does that sit with someone who competes regularly, aspires to ride in Scotland where they feel they could get a good result, but despite entering on many occassions can't get a ride?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So riders who compete regularly in their pre65 events all year round get a bit wound up when they hear of something along these lines - organisers contact rider (not an ex-factory rider or 'name' or even a regular competitor) to voice surprise they haven't put an entry in. Rider says I'm not really up to it anymore so didn't bother.

Woody,

I think you will find that is a story! With the event being 100% oversubscribed, the organisers don't need to do that nor do they have the time!

Big John

I don't see this particular subject as a whine or a bitch, more of disagreement or differing interpretation of what should or should'nt happen.

In reply to Tony, many many riders who do or in fact don't manage to get in, put hours and hours of work into trials running events in their home centres. I feel its unfair to expect people to help out at the trial in return for a ride certainly if they live many hundreds of miles away.

This is possibly my last comment on this subject, but then again..........

I might have missed it, but are there similar discussions when riders have their entry returned at other trials ?

Ross

No I don't think so, it appears that only the P65 and the Six Days themselves generate the same level vitriol when folk don't get in. Over the years there have been some very heated discussions on here if you want to look back all around not getting through the ballot or worse machine eligibility but as has been said, when you put the entry forms in you know exactly what you're going for, if you can't handle the fall out from that don't enter, simple.

cheers

Donald

Indeed you are.

IDMCC also run a 2 Day Pre 65 Trial, in June, for anyone interested or unlucky in the Kinlochleven ballot

:thumbup: D.

For all the riders that are unlucky at the pre65 here's the perfect antidote, great trial having ridden and enjoyed it for the last two years. No ballot (yet) Again a very beautiful and rugged part of the country. Probably easier to get to. Plenty of accommodation and campsites. Great fish and chip shop, Indian etc within a few miles.

Yeah....no numbers though...bah humbug

Quite rightly so, makes sence not to advertise the numbers at the moment, as is normal entrants drop out between now and May, so the organisers can allocate those vacated numbers to entrants on the reserve list. Consequently the entry list that appears in the programme is then as correct as it can be.

Big John

England = 106

Scotland = 19

France = 15

Spain = 15

South Ireland = 7

Northern Ireland = 5

Sweden = 5

Wales = 5

Channel Islands = 1

Poland = 1

Luxemburg = 1

Greeves,,could you please write down the entire entry list for me,Name's and country of rider's...I can't open up the link from the ssdt site.

EDIT--

Scrap what i wrote above i should have a list coming through the line shortly.

Edited by bilc0

well lads thanks for the advice, did not think my posting would create so much intrest, ill be intouch to see about the mode to the rear hub, at presant still trying to find some where to stay as all acommadation we ring up is booked.

clive if you read this could you send me an email with your phone no. so i can give you a ring and have a chat about bike prep. you can get hold of me through our wed site www.keepyourfeetup.co.uk

cheers Gary

Edited by gazer