Majesty Frame Numbers

shocker

The Yam framed Majesties carried the original Yam frame number so they can be dated from that by Yamaha UK.

There aren't any records (available) that show which frame numbers were converted to Majesties if that is what you mean unless Shirty kept any. First bikes appeared in '79 using the Yam frame and changed to Godden frame in '81 I think so Yam framed bikes will be dated between '79 - '81.

I sort of half guessed at 1979 as my memory is useless but I have an old Which Bike magazine from that year with the new Majesty range on test. I thought they were introduced earlier than '79 but I let the test convince me otherwise but it isn't really conclusive I guess as they may have been testing them some time after they were introduced.

Thinking about it, I'm sure I've seen 'S' reg Majesties over the years and 'S' reg was 77/78 so 1978 could well be the year they were introduced rather than 1979.

Didn't see you at Clyro Bo, I don't think anyway, saw Andy but can largely only remember how bloody cold it was.... The KT is going quite well and I'm pretty pleased with it really, particularly impressed with the motor which is strong and will pull 3rd in sections no problem if I need it to. I'm enjoying riding it, only downside really is the front end, forks are typically Japanese and too soft and steering which is a bit slow, bit like an M49 Bultaco.