Majesty Help

ozo

Hello all, this is my first post, im currently restoring my 200 majesty, the bike was yellow and i am looking to keep it original as possible but im having probelms finding any information on paints codes or close matches that are readily available, can anyone help?

Also im planning on replacing the original reeds with a set of aftermarket reeds just wondering if anyone has found a make of reeds that perform better than the rest.

Many Thanks,

Andy

Your best bet is to use the Search option at the top of the page. Click on search, box drops down. Type in Godden Majesty. Press GO. You will bring a page or two of info up, postings from the last 2 or 3 yrs and there is paint info in there. I can't comment on reeds except most go for Boyesen ??

Edited by bo drinker

For good results i found that a Dt175 Reedcage and inlet rubber work excellent on a 200 ,it does require a little metal to be removed from the barrell and remove the reed stops as they are noy reqd as the inside of the barrell can act as stops .the dt carb is a good mod as well .

Scorpa250.

Thanks for the info, Il probably end up designing and machining my own reed block with an option for adding a boost bottle anyway.

Fortunately my job includes designing and manufacturing racing and custom parts for bikes, but now its mostly 4 stroke mx and road racing parts we produce.

When im finished Il post some pics and results of the project.

I am also considering an oko carb, anyone had any experience with them?

Many Thanks,

Andy

For good results i found that a Dt175 Reedcage and inlet rubber work excellent on a 200 ,it does require a little metal to be removed from the barrell and remove the reed stops as they are noy reqd as the inside of the barrell can act as stops .the dt carb is a good mod as well .

Scorpa250.

This combo + OKO carb should be all you need, why develop another?

Also the RZ350 intake and reed block is similar (boost bottle inlet solution), but would be too big a jump from the DT175 one, as would be the YZ125B/C reed block. This increase does affect the bottom end smoothness somewhat.

Thanks for the info subanator, its muchly appreiciated.

This combo + OKO carb should be all you need, why develop another?

The simple answer is for the enjoyment of it, sad as i am i enjoy tinkering with bikes as much as riding them!

If i was looking for high performance without any hassle from a bike id just buy a modern bike and save myself alot of time and money but if i reckon if you enjoy it you might aswell do it!

Regards Andy

Thats a good enough reason for me :wub:

That probably why I did this to mine, except I have the DT carb still and yet to get an OKO, but understand they are better in the low end tuning.

The reason I modded my bike was to be able to ride it better in modern set courses that dont allow for twinshocks. (not like the flowing non-stop trials of the bikes era). Plus I like to ride a twinshock in a modern trial for the added challenge anyway.

I set out to achieve a better midrange primarily, but I havent got round to all the tweaks yet, more fiddling!