Chain Lube

shaunmcquillan

hi, currently using silkolene titanium chain lube but fed up with the white mess it menages to get all over the frame an rear wheel and i'm not convinced its doin the job aswell as it should any ideas please???

also i have found some radycool chain lube is this any better????

thanks

been using WD40 for years now, not gone through any more chains and it seems to keep the mud and dirt off whilst riding, you have to do it every time out but its no problem

Same here. I use WD40 and GT85.

I find its best to blow the water out of the chain with a air line after i've washed the bike and then apply.

Had no chain breaks or excessive wear.

I can't seriously see wd40 doing anything in a road trial, your chain gets pretty warm on the road.

Wd40 was only ever meant to be a water displacer, this will probably be the reason why it works well for you, it stops your chain from going rusty, which I guess is the main reason for premature wear on most trials bike chains.

I do reckon allot of chain lubes are to thick to do anything i.e. they aren't thin enough to penetrate down into the links.

Motul off road chain lube. After i wash my bike i click it into top gear and spin all the water off then put chain lube on. Worked fine for me, never had a chain break. I've tried wd40 but it does dry very very quickly and doesn't help the chain when it dries so would recommend the motul lube.