Scorpa 175

vinnied

Scorpa have hit on a very nice, niche market.They sold almost 4:1 of the 125`s over the 250`s . Mainly to Japan, so there are plenty of customers out there who perhaps, don`t want a pure competition machine, and enjoy a trail ride now and then. I believe every clubman should ride one before they go and bounce off everything going on their 2.xx`s, I`m sure they would have a far more enjoyable time .

Cheers,

ShercoH :D

• 1 month later...

A buddy of mine, and I, finally took the time to make the recommended mods on my SY175 this past weekend. Getting to the carb was easy, with the removal of the rear sub-frame. The frame, airbox, and silencer all come off as a unit.

First, we swapped the 13.0 pilot jet for a 17.5, as is recommended by Bob Ginder at B&J Racing. Second, we removed the four baffels/restrictors from the silencer. Once done, the airscrew only needed to be turned about 1/4 clockwise, from the stock setting.

In it's stock form, the jetting is too lean, which causes the idle to be rough and the very low speed performance to want to spit and cough. With the jet change, these characteristics changed completly. Engine warmup is faster and idle is smooth. The engine now performs super at very low RPM, and pulls cleanly off idle. The removal of the restrictors made a significant difference in the engine's ability to breath and pull stronger through the RPM range. The exhaust note is now deeper with a pronounced bark to it, yet not really louder.

The bike already put a big smile on my face, and the face of everyone that rode it for that matter, but it is really a fun ride now. The 4-stroke characteristics are amazing in the sections, and you just can't beat the sound. Don't discount the SY175 due to it's engine size, as I guarantee that you will be surprised and impressed when you ride one. In the world of the new high-dollar 4-strokes, the Scorpa is a sweet and affordable alternative that way too many people are overlooking.