Scorpa 175

vinnied

Had my 175 delivered last night, a thing of beauty

new Paoilli/Yamaha front forks with adjusters on top of both legs

lovely hydraulic clutch, fast action trottle (not sure wheather i like it)

handling and turning seems a lot different to the 125 i rode a few months ago in a trial

sounds lovely, only disapointing thing no manual, to show how to adjust forks and shocks, i will post pics on saturday.

Vinnied

Vinnie, I never got any manuals when I bought my SY. I e mailed Scorpa in france and they sent me a pdf for the bike. I also contacted Crosser and he sent me a hard copy of the bike manual plus a manual for the forks.

Some more pics

http://www.trialscentral.com/gallery//disp...e.php?pos=-2265

went out for a spin to run it in, to a local trial she preforms great, the suspension needs to bed in before i start playing around with it, 15st is no mean weight on a small bike,

crossers have mentioned about taking out 2 restrictors from back pipe have a look at that later

vinnie

• 3 weeks later...

Man that motor and sump is ugly. :D

I suppose beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. When I look at it, I see no water pump to fail, or get damaged. I see no hoses to worry about puncturing, leaking, or coming loose. I see no radiator, or coolant to worry with. I see no cooling fan or thermostat to worry with. And I see a gas tank that I can fill up from the pump, with no premix involved.

Meanwhile, I have a relatively unique bike (only 2 in the US, so far), with a wonderful sound, great low end torque that makes traction in an almost unbelievable way, engine compression on downhills that is reminiscent of vintage bikes with a huge flywheel, and an engine so smooth that you can ride the majority of a section without touching the clutch.

I have no doubt that the larger displacement Montesa, Sherco, and soon coming Scorpa (French World Round) will enhance these characteristics even further. But meanwhile, I already have mine at a fraction of the cost, and it will do everything a club level rider could need.

I think you hit the nail on the head there MSJ, the price needs to be more competitive.

Good points about the bike! change the oil and ride! it is trouble free and in my opinion perfect for someone starting out in trials or club rider who wants to do little maintenance other than lube and clean.

The rear fender some think it looks ugly! well it does actually work as a fender and keeps the mud off you! probably the only modern bike that does.

If I was to change anything it would be the angle of the skid plate, but this would involve lifting the motor, it angles down towards the front and on the big logs we ride in this part of the world doesn't slide over them like other models instead it hangs up a bit on them, often causing a dab.

Rear sprocket protector on my bike got broken off where it mounts! bit flimsy, looks like they have beefed it up a bit on the newer model.

If you look at bikes now doing the vintage classes in the US, more TL 125s are competing than any other bike, I think this was all to do with pricing, durability and amount sold.

Is it better to sell more for less or sell less for more ? people out to buy a new trials bike will take this into consideration when the more popular brands are priced similar.