Practice Areas Northants

plankton_brain

Hi

I am new to all this, taking delivery of a montesa 315r at the weekend. I plan to join a club and start entering events at some point ( I know thats probably the best way to learn).

Before that I want to get a bit of practice, so like the title says, does anyone know of any good practice grounds in Northamptonshire?

Hi PB, and welcome!

Let me know if you find anything and I may join you. This is a perennial problem for everyone it seems.

If you look at my thread (Practice near Cambridge, or somesuch) in UK Trials Talk, someone suggested a piece of land near Higham Ferrars. Not checked it out, but it's not far from you. I have no idea how legal this one is though.

Good Luck

Graham

This is the post:

"if youre looking for somewhere to practice i'd suggest

skewbridge!

its a bit of waste land near higham ferris and rushden.

just on the side of the road, you get a lot of lads on mx bikes there but there are a few of us that sometimes go out nfor a practice there.

but if you want to go id go soon because i think the council mite be closing the ground completely to buil on "

If i am going to practice down the old skew bridge its best to go 1st thing in the morning before the motocross and 4x4 boys get down there. Around the back oppo the petrol station is the disused railway embankment which has some pretty good riding on it. The site is earmarked for developement but in the present climate i dont think anything will be happening soon. Like i said early or dont bother it gets very hairy down there with bikes everywhere all going in different directions and noticed last week driving by that there was a catering van there at the weekend! thats how busy it gets. Cheers dean

Mornings seem to be better than afternoons me and the young un go down about 8 in the morning and generally dont see anyone till were leaving 11ish, especially at the weekends. Week days pretty quiet most of the time. You can get out of the way in a few places when it gets busy on the old railway embankment in the trees is ok. The old ski slope has some steep hilly bits which make good sections but that is in the open.

because it is used by moto-x and 4x4 the ground is really claggy when wet in the open ok in the trees.

Cheers Dean