Prepairing/upgrading A 4rt

friocker

I am considering buying a 07 or 08 4rt .Are there things you have to alter? I have heard of alterations to the clutch and footrest hangers but would have thought a quality bike like the Montesa would be ready straight oot the box.Also is there any thing specific to the 4rt I should look out for when buying ?

Thanks for any advice

the later bikes don't really need the clutch plates as they have a better one standard,they are a bike where if you like to alter lots of things then the skys the limit,while mines far from standard i really think that unless your a good expert rider the benefits are sometimes small.it is fun to alter things thats my excuse anyway,the best single mod on mine is the plates on the rear linkage to speed up the rebound makes it a lot easier to move the back round.

mods done

07 repsol

mitani front pipe

switchable throttle bodys/ ignition running aggrssive and economy mode

jitsie filter

43t rear sprocket

hd racing sumpguard

v mar link plates

ti hangers

hebo footrests

07 or 08 Mont should need very little changing unless you want to.

A good map on thats soft on the bottom and then a good strong middle and top is all thats needed.

Just missed out on 1st class award in SSDT (my fitness not the bike) and won over 40 welsh champ on a 2005 reasonably standard 4rt.

You can change want you want but most just for fun

Thanks John, I didnt realise Highland Liesure Sport were Montesa dealers.I must say though that I spoke to Gary while saarching for a bike last week and he couldnt have been more helpfull and generous with his time and advice. Made a good impression on me.