Lampkins Carb Mod

flyingpeach

My carb is leaking fuel and niticed a post on here suggesting lampkins carb mod

can anyone tell me an idea what they do?

how long does it take?

how much does it cost and mainly does it work.?

Does he take them by post and deliver back?

Also should I bother or does it need another strip and clean and adjust?

Cheers

well you have 3 choices.. 1st choice is the cheapest.. do nowt 2nd choice seek out the mod on R2W 's website ( thats what i did) it aint easy it takes more than 5 minutes but it does the trick, 3rd choice .. whip the carb off put it in a box and let lampkins do it for you. longest amd most expensive choice..

basicaly the mod involves whipping the carb off, opening it up and filing a hole with resin and drilling another hole if i remember correctly.. much like heart surgery but in your shed

I'm going to whip it out and examine it. once I've done this I'm going in the garage and taking the carb off my bike and doing the mod as shown in the daigram, if it works great, if not I'll wait until I have a bit of time off the bike planned and send it to BVM because they have been a very reliable company and always on the ball so far.

Thanks for the info guys.

FlyingPeach

Posted years ago and worked for me on my Rev3,s

Follow these instructions, yes it looks a lot but in reality quick and easy and always works.

Good luck.

Mikuni Carb Setup By Billy T

After receiving my 02 Beta Rev 3 I am very pleased with the bike. I am getting quite a few recommendations on how to set the bike up and what areas to change or set.

One particular area is the carb. I have heard many statements regarding the float level and how to set it up. This setting of the