Scorpa Sy250 Gearing

triumphspeedtriplets

I have a 2008 Scorpa sy250 and would like to hear from anyone that has changed their rear sprocket for a larger one and how did they find the results.At present I have changed it from 38t to 36t (my friend is running this size and loves it) but I would prefer to try and lower the gearing so 2nd is more useable and then I can use 1st for for those tight turns.My front sprocket is standard size 10t, I have been told a 42t sprocket would work, any ideas? :wub:

I've the 08 i bought it new. The gearing is standard what that is i'm not sure. It will pull in 4th gear in muddy sections, up hills and i've never felt the need to change from the standard setup.

Edited by spud

Thanks for your input, I think I am going to try a 42t rear sprocket. My last bike was a GasGas 250 and I found that I used 2nd most of the time but 1st came in really handy every now and then. The Scorpa is a fantastic bike and I love it but just feel I may be able to make more use out of the rest of the gearbox by lowering the gearing, theres only one way to find out and thats by trying it!

Thanks again for you input.

If you want to get more out of the gearbox I'd go the other way. Raise the gearing with an 11 tooth gearbox sprocket. You'll use 1st for most sections and still be able to use the first 4 gears in sections, 5th on the moors and 6th on tracks/roads. This way you use all the gears. Gear down and you'll make 1st redundant, it's just too low and you'll use 2nd for most sections.

Thanks but I have already geared it up by fitting a 36t rear sprocket but I feel that I might like it better if 1st was lower , like I said theres only one way to find out and thats to try it. The feedback I've had seems to be 50/50 so I am going to try it, I can always revert back to original gearing.

• 4 weeks later...