Fujigas Wtc

marky boy

I notice from the pics which may or may not be the 100% finished article that the new bike does not carry Fuji's name on it as the last few bikes have carried Dougs.

As refering to the world champ , how come Doug gets his name on as worl champion and not Fuji , any ideas?????

:D

They could have made it the Fujinami World Champion Edition or something - strickly speaking none of the 'Lampkin Replicas' have been true replicas. So there's be a bit of artistic license in use in the past - why not use it again.

It would have been good to see a couple of the Fujigas logos on the rear mudguard and the tank.

You could of course send your bike down to me, and I'll sort it :D

post-9-1097574190.jpg

Edited by Subira

Slightly off subject:

The "replica" thing is interesting.

As far as I know, it started with the Manx TT.

The winner never really gets the actual 'Tourist Trophy', because there is only one. He would get a replica, and his name gets put on the big trophy.

So some company (Scott, I think...don't quote me), won the TT around 1929, and called one of their models the "TT Replica", but it wasn't because the bike was supposed to be a replica of the bike that won.

My guess is that the American public, unfamiliar with the TT, probably assumed that the 'replica' referred to the bike, and eventually the motorcycle companies went with the new definition.