2002 Txt Pro Problems?

fastandyc

It was the worst year for a gasser, anything 2004 and newer are more desirable. When running they ride great. All problems they had could be corrected, but at a price. Better be capable of a complete rebuild. ( splitting the cases) They had shift fork/shift drum problems. Clutch side case, clutch plate swelling, Kick start, kick axle/spring/idler gear. Just to name the basics.

thinking of a txt pro 2002

one for sale local to me

any major problems with them,do they have magnesium cases by the way

I've got an 02' Pro and have done some updates on it and it's great. Most of the updates are relatively minor but the big problem with the 02 is that the cases are Magnesium (and painted, not anodized like the Raga) and are prone to corrosion if not cared for. I'd ask to pull the flywheel and check the stator area, and if there is a fair amount of corrosion there, I'd pass on it, as cases are costly. I used epoxy paint to coat the stator area and vented the sidecase when I first got the bike so water is not ingested (this works for any Trials bike) and I never put it away wet or muddy.

Jon

I 've owned a TXT250 pro model 2002 for four years. It's a very friendly, light and nimble bike.

I never had any major problems. What did break was the return spring from the kick-starter. Easy and cheap fix.

And the clutch caused problems indeed. Bad clutch action due to air in the system. I think that this problem was fixed on the 2005 model by changing to mineral oil for the clutch. On my 2002 bike I swapped the complete hydraulic clutch system (that included the right side engine case) for 2005 parts. It solved the problem. Also not that expensive.

Also the stock Sachs rear shocker wore out quickly (no compression damping left). I tossed it for a WP unit and it was miles better then the stock shocker. This was more expensive...