Beta Rev 3 '06

mellis

Hi,

Just bought myself a Beta Rev 3 '06 model

Seems to be some confusion on the above topics, i've had various different answers from different people!!

Book state 70:1 mixture and A Champion Plug

But some people are telling me to run on 50:1.....

Whats everyone think, i'd like to get things right before I start using the bike!!

Cheers Mike

BPR5ES plug NGK, and run on 70ml of Castrol TTS to five litres of superunleaded, assuming its a 250 or 270, 50:1 is too rich.

Change the gear oil before you ride it any distance, ATF Dexronlll is good in Betas and dump it regulary

Edited by The Addict

As the addict said above i have an 06 model and run mine on 80:1 fuel/oil mix

they seem to benifit from using super unleaded fuel as opposed to normal fuel,

plug type bpr5es or bp5es the only difference is one is a resistor plug hence bp®5es!

Mike, few other things, if the carb/air box boot hasnt been swapped around yet..turn it, as standard the boot is a larger bore at the air box end than the venturi end, swapping around makes the carb installation alot easier.

Make sure you re-pack the exhaust regular, makes a big difference to the running and noise,easy to do and cheap, dont pack it maga tight though.

Rear disc bolts have a habbit of coming loose on Betas, check tham every ride as well as the frame down tubes

Fitting Boyesen reeds gives a much better response in the throttle and low end running, can get them from HRC1(username) on Ebay

Gday, if the manual says go with a resistor plug - do so - it limits the secondary ignition current which can take the CDI out with the wrong one. Also it will pay to clean the entire exhaust, this should be done on all 2 strokes. You will be amazed at the difference.

HTH,

Cheers,

Stork.

• 1 month later...

I run Delco #4 platinum plug in my '05 but you have to change the plug cap as the tip isn't threaded. The resistor is there to limit the rise time of the spark for radio interference. There is usually a 5kOhm resistor in the plug cap as well.

100:1 BelRay MC1, VP C-12 fuel.

Spectro Golden Gear in the tranny. ATF makes the clutch grabby.