Sherco 4t Fork Oil

vasey15

The spec is:

385cc left

370cc right

There is also a distance measure from tops of tubes with caps and spring removed.

110mm left

60mm right

The total accuracy of these measures has been debated and may vary over time. Many have put in to much oil!

You see, this is not a simple drain and fill by most standards, as you must almost fully remove and work out the old iol from the hydro unit on the right side.

I am thinking the easiest way might be to remove the caps and spring, fully compress the forks and take your exhisting measures on each side for referance. Do this at the start, then pull the plugs and drain them, work the old oil out, work the new oil in, but when you go back go to the original measure that you took. Doubt you could go wrong this way!

Let us all know where you find the magic 4.5wt oil from factory! :(

I normally use heavier weight oil as I am a lardy bugger.

Did a quick google and found 4.5WT Oil $20 per quart or $70 a gallon.

Wow it is out there!!!!! Forkink tuners!

We normally just use the 5wt, some of the more robust seem to prefer the 7.5 wt.

I do think the levels should be kept close, due to the effect of air compression, and obvious lockup without some headspace for things to compress. :(